Friday, July 20, 2007

Joby's Picasso moment


Joby and I were coloring in his room and I left for a brief moment. I heard Joby say "No, no." So, I went back in to find that he had broken the black crayon and couldn't seem to get it back together. I tried to explain that it was broken and just use the other end. So, he went back to color the pages of Curious George. I went out again. A moment later, I heard the sweet sound of Joby coloring on the wall with purple crayon. I ran back in and he threw the crayon down and started pointing at his creation on the wall, tile floor, and door moulding. I tried not to laugh because he was so excited about what he had done. THANKFULLY, Crayola makes washable crayons and it came right off with soap and water.

1 comments:

gloria Olsen said...

Being the artist that I am, ha ha, I really liked Joby's work. It looked like an eagle spreading his wings to fly. You thought it was just a scribble. Oh no! It was an expression of his inner feelings of finding his independence and autonomy. Oh, whatever! It looked good to me. Love Mom