Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

As I was putting Joby to bed the night before Valentine's Day, I told him that since he had been such a good boy 'Cupid' would leave him a present in the morning. He quickly became very concerned about the tree not being up and that our stockings weren't hung on the fireplace. I calmed his fears and said 'Cupid' doesn't like trees and that he just puts the present on the kitchen table. He doesn't need a fireplace because he walks in the front door. That sufficed him. So, on Valentine's Day morning the first thing he asked me was if 'Cupid' had come and I told him we'd better go see. He bolts out of his room to look on the couch and was sad that there was nothing there. He slowly walks to the table and his eyes got big with excitement at the presents. We had a great day, but were saddened not to have Justin with us. He was away in New Orleans for school/vacation.

After the chaos of opening everything (Thanks Mom!)

Pink French Toast

2 comments:

Chrissy said...

You're such a cute mom! Hopefully Justin will be making the day up to you when he returns- you deserve it! Hope all is well. I will try and call soon- if you get the chance to call here- we have the same numbers and are 4 hours behind you- so I would call now- but it's 11:30 there- don't think you'd appreciate that! Love ya!

Los Bagleys said...

I can sympathize with you, Thomas was out of town also. But what a cute idea, to have cupid come to your house!